Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wednesday 10/20 Heroes’ Day

Today is a holiday in Africa that used to be in celebration of a
president but now has just been changed to a celebration of Kenyan
heroes. Most of the staff were gone today so the students played
games all day and then we had a feast of hotdogs, popcorn, peanuts,
and “Nice” crackers for dessert. These are cookies with the word
“Nice” stamped on them and the kids go crazy over them. L and I have
come to the conclusion that we could win the hearts of most of the
students here through the two-dollar bag of African candy we have in
our cabinet. In one of these picture me and L are trying to "roast"
our legs because NONE of the girls here have hair on their legs and
they said its because they stand close to the fire every day. We
thought we should test this theory out.
P.S. I was able to add a picture to the post about Laquita so scroll on down to see

1 comment:

  1. I'm very curious about the results of the roasting experiments. Cute pictures! Missing you!

    ReplyDelete