Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thursday—10.21.10

Another Guest Post From Laquita....
I am very grateful that there is no scale in sight to weigh myself, as
I am pretty sure I gained ten pounds today. Thankfully, this ten
pounds is easy to lose though—although I use the term easy somewhat
loosely. Jessica and I spent the majority of our day today getting
our hair done. Jess was able to find some fake hair that matched hers
pretty well, so it just looks like she had a serious hair-growth spurt
and decided to go for a Jamaica look. For anyone who may have ever
wondered what I look like with long, black braided hair died maroon at
the tips, you will have to wonder no more. Well, maybe a little
longer till I can send a picture, but the task is complete at least
(Just Kidding! I’ve already accomplished this!!!). :) We are both
sporting our African hairdos, and we are told that they can last us up
to three months. That means I could possibly get by with only two
other hairstyles the whole time I am here. Jessica and I are both
fans of this idea and considering what kind of looks we’d get if we
continued our African dos in America upon our return.

Bad news though, I think I may truly be gaining ten pounds by the time
I leave. This dang food has stretched my stomach, and now, I can
easily eat all the heavy food they give me and then some. Not cool.
Africa was supposed to have the added bonus of a forced diet. Oopsy!

Jessica and I were both able to meet with our main contacts here today
amidst getting our hair done. Jessica met with Victor, the farm
manager to discuss what needs to be done for the future of the farm.
Her meeting went well along with mine so we now both have more
concrete things to do here. (I’ll write more about this later—Jess)

This morning in the staff meeting the main topic of conversation was
the lawsuit over MITS land that was stolen to build a school. The
lawsuit has been going on for three years, and the opposing party has
a member of parliament and an attorney general lawyer on their side.
Everyone involved is to assemble before the judge in November again;
hopefully, a conclusion will be reached then. I have no doubt that
God could easily put an end to this matter now, but the question is
whether He will see fit to reinstate the land to MITS or not. It is
rightfully MITS land, but the Lord works in mysterious ways. The same
situation of MITS land being stolen is occurring with 40 acres of what
used to be worthless land that has now increased in value and in the
eyes of developers. The paperwork clearly grants the purchased land
to MITS, but paperwork seems to speak little here. Power speaks
louder. We all know though that the Lord speaks the loudest. While
MITS has the true Power on their side, I ask you to pray that the
staff will accept the outcome of the court case, whatever it may be,
as the Lord’s will for whatever unknown reason He may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment