Monday, October 4, 2010

Small World

There's a new student in my lab at school who is from Kenya and used to live less than a mile from where I'll be staying. He just started his masters in Plant Breeding and used to work for some non-profit agencies so we're kind of trading places. He said he would cook me a genuine Kenyan meal before I leave! Good, I was worried I wouldn't get enough Kenyan food over there. But I can already tell Kenyans are VERY polite! We discussed the differences between our homelands which basically came down to:
1- Traffic is better in America. 2- Honey is crunchy in Africa.
I dont have a picture for this post but here's
Landry's ponytail
and Mavvy right before bed time...

1 comment:

  1. You are leaving so soon! That is amazing that there is someone in your lab from Kenya. Hope you like the food. :) Love ya. Be safe and skype me soon!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete