Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Movies

Yesterday we went to the movie theatre with all the kids. Going to the movies isn’t as common here as we found out earlier when it was just the four of us with two other people in the theatre. That wasn’t the case when we brought all of the kids though.
We headed to town before the rest of the group so that I could renew my passport. Then we headed to Village Market (the American part of town) to meet up with the crew. When we got there they had already started the movie and most of the kids and staff had filled up all the rows so a lady was telling us there wasn’t enough room. Dusty, Cecily, and I gladly offered to skip the movie and walk around the stores but before we could argue kids jumped up, shuffled around, and we all had spots to sit in. We watched The Chronicles of Narnia…dawntreader blah blah I forget what all these movies are called and I know people LOVE the books but the last time I saw the Narnia movie my sister and I fell asleep in the theatre. I think I just get lost in all the special effects and would like for them to them to skip to the end of good overcomes evil, Aslan knows all, we love and fear God.
So after falling asleep a few times it started nearing towards the end and there was no way anyone could sleep because there is a LOUD scary dragon fighting sea serpent scene that even terrified me a little and I was wondering if we had decided to bring the little ones along for this movie too. My question was answered as a turned to my left (I was seated at the end of the aisle) and saw little tiny Eric standing at the end of the aisle above me, alone, with tears streaming down his face. I wondered why no one in the aisle picked him up until I saw a white hand reach out for him and pat him saying “uh…its okay there”. Then I realized that no one in the aisle behind me was with MITS so it was no wonder they didn’t want to scare him more by picking him up.
Needless to say Eric and I enjoyed the rest of the movie outside the theatre watching some kids play in the water park near by. It was nice.
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment