Anastacia (top) and Erick (bottom)“Tasha” would always hold my hand when I first got here and never left my side (It was a little weird for me to get use to since I’m not much of a hand holder). She bonded a lot with another Jessica from California that came here so my name is really what connected us.
Tasha had to sell drugs for her aunt on the streets since her father abandoned her and mother fell ill. Eventually she ran from her aunt and just lived on the streets begging and smoking until coming to MITS.
“I enjoy the way people live in Made in the Streets. They live like one family. They eat together at the table during lunch; they work in the farm together, and they go on trips together. I thank the Coulstons for their advice and encouragements they always give us. God has really blessed them because they love us even when we are doing wrong. I know there are many people out there who cannot bear to live with a street kid. May God continue to give them the spirit and desire to stay with us.”
She was baptized on 26 February 2010
Erick’s mother passed away and step mother would beat him so he was passed along from relatives and friends before ending up on the streets.
“Life on the streets was like this. I used to wake up early in the morning to collect scrap metals for sale. I tried using drugs like petrol and bhang. In the evenings, I would buy a packet of milk to drink to make me a bit sober. I used drugs for about a year and somehow decided to quit. I made that decision after I started going to a center named Made In The Streets in Eastleigh.
After attending the Eastleigh boy’s program Erick eventually came out to Kamulu to live and stay.
I am happy; I have this desire to become one of the MITS team members so that I can get the chance to work with the street kids as the MITS team does.”
Its unanimous that Erick is the most adorable student here. Sometime I just stare at him without realizing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment